Saturday, December 4, 2010

Smokin' Hot Celebration



This past Thursday night at SMOKE Jazz Club (Broadway betweeen 105th and 106th Streets) felt different. There was a palpable buzz in the air as everyone waited for the arrival of Thursday night regular, Gregory Porter. Performing at this venue every Thursday for the past year or so, he's usually greeted with the usual "Hello" and "How are you?" from the crowd.

On Wednesday, Gregory Porter received a Grammy nomination in the Best Vocal Jazz Album category, so it was no surprise he was saluted with thunderous applause when he took the stage. "I hope you will forgive me. I had to take a tranquilizer so I can calm down and perform for you tonight," Mr. Porter said jokingly. We forgave him as he gave us another unforgettable performance.

Learn more about the velvet-toned singer at: http://www.motema.com/artist/gregory-porter.

2 comments:

Ellie Great said...

A very attractive site. Keep it up!

Paula said...

Thanks, Ellie. Spread the word. I've been debating whether to continue the blog. I've been busy working on my novel-in-progress and haven't had time to post up. I'm leaning toward getting back to it, and now with your comment, I know people are reading it. Stay tuned.